Sep 14, 2021 07:00 PM US/Eastern
Rheum4You: Reproductive Health & Rheumatic Disease
On Tuesday, September 14, 2021 the American College of Rheumatology (ACR) and its Simple Tasks campaign hosted an interactive, patient-focused webinar on reproductive health and rheumatic disease. Attendees participated in a discussion and learned about resources from a panel of leading experts in reproductive health and parenting.
Attendees were encouraged to submit questions for the panel during the event.
During this 90-minute webinar, speakers covered:
• Family planning with rheumatic disease, including fertility, contraception, male reproductive health, treatment considerations for men and women, and medication compatibility.
• Pregnancy and rheumatic disease, including the impact of pregnancy on rheumatic disease, the role of the rheumatology provider in your care during pregnancy, genetic factors, and medication compatibility.
• Parenting with rheumatic disease, including tips for managing the treatment of a child with rheumatic disease, parenting while managing a chronic disease, breastfeeding, compatible medications, and occupational and physical therapy tips for caring for your child.
• Dr. Arthur Kavanaugh – Professor of Medicine at the University of California, San Diego
• Dr. Lisa Sammaritano – Professor of Clinical Medicine at Weill Cornell Medicine, Attending Physician at the Hospital for Special Surgery, and Director of the Rheumatology Reproductive Health Program at the Barbara Volcker Center
• Dr. Megan Clowse – Associate Professor of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology & Immunology, Director of the Duke Autoimmunity in Pregnancy Clinic
• Mariah Leach – Founder of Mamas Facing Forward
• Rebecca Gillett – Occupational Therapist, Arthritis Foundation Director of Content Strategy & Planning and “Live Yes with Arthritis” Podcast Host